Corporate Governance & Major Projects
Quentin Baker leads on advice regarding a range of subjects including, local authority trading companies and commercialisation of services, outsourcing, constitutional review and the governance of partnerships and complex commercial dispute resolution.
Quentin has considerable experience of supporting major projects for which he draws on experience from across LGSS Law to form multidisciplinary teams. Quentin also leads on advice regarding Monitoring Officer matters and in this regard draws from the experience of Fiona McMillan and Maria Damigos who both have considerable experience as Monitoring Officers.
Examples of recent projects include:
- The conversion of a County Council’s governance model from Leader/Cabinet to Committee and the formation of a bank jointly owned by a Local Authority and a University College
- Establishing a combined authority with a Mayor
- Setting up a Housing Development Company
- Advising on the establishment of a Regional Adoption Agency
- Advising in connection with a complex grievance lodged against the members of a Local Authority senior management team
- Advising on the development of a large and complex multi-authority shared service arrangement
- Disputes between elected members and senior officers
For Information about Corporate Governance please contact Quentin, Executive Director of LGSS Law Ltd who will be happy to help.
Phone: 01223 728405
Mobile: 07827 957844